Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to my little blog about gardening in a city! Minneapolis, to be exact.  One of my best friends suggested I start a blog so he could keep up with what's happening on my little slice of paradise, and I took him up on the offer. Disclaimer:  I'm no professional-I just happen to have grown up in a garden-crazy household (and I swore through gritted teeth that I would NEVER do this stupid stuff when I was older) and I'm blessed with some really knowledgeable friends. I hope to share the goings-on of my gardens, and learn from all of you, too!
My husband and I live with our two dogs in a little white house (yes, there's even a white picket fence!) on the south side of town with lots of gardens scattered about. My love for plants is equally divided between edible and ornamental, so this blog will cover both. We find that we're mixing the two more and more-mostly because one thing an urban garden does not have is a lot of space. Last, but not least, Jon and I are committed to the principals of organic gardening, and while not experts by any stretch of the imagination, we hope to show how easy it is to do.
I also happen to be a chef, so if it's O.K. with you, I'll be sharing what happens once my lovelies are ripe and ready for eating, cooking, preserving and more.
Thanks for stopping by, 
Heather

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Berries are Here!

Just a quick little post to update you on a very important development in the urban garden:

We inherited these with the house, so I don't know what type they are. They are small-no bigger than an inch or inch and a half in diameter-sweet, and a bit tart.
Lily loves them too. It's a bit of a battle royale to see which one of us gets more.

2 comments:

  1. One word- jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Greg from SippitySup. Thanks so much for the great package from you Farmers Market. I am so looking forward to the very special blueberry syrup. It will be a welcome addition to our 4th of July fun in Sonoma this year. GREG

    ReplyDelete